CFP® Certification Education Program
The need for objective financial advice, combined with the rigorous standards demanded of CFP certificants, has placed CFP® Certification at the forefront of the financial planning profession.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. awards the CFP® Certified Financial Planner and CFP (with flame logo) marks to individuals that meet initial and ongoing certification requirements:
- Satisfy education requirements
- Meet three to five years of work experience in a financial planning field
- Pass the CFP® Certification Examination
- Comply with the CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Meet continuing education and re-certification requirements
To learn more about the CFP® credential watch our CPCC TV Spotlight episode.
The CFP® Certification Education Program has the following seven courses which may be taken over 11 months: