IT Events and Resources
It's an IT world. Succeed in IT.
Advances in IT continue to drive innovation and create change across all industries.
In addition, businesses will continue to seek out and invest in talented professionals who can integrate and apply various IT tools and applications.
That means IT careers are expected to continue to grow, offering challenging work that allows for creativity, intellectual development and financial security.
Count on CPCC to help you stay informed and to be an active voice in Charlotte's IT community.
Upcoming events (hosted by Computer Technology Institute)
Information Session for ITT Tech Students
Information technology (IT) is an innovative industry that is constantly evolving and changing. As Charlotte continues to grow, so does the need for IT professionals. If you have always been interested in IT but lacked formal training, CPCC's continuing education technology courses could be your opportunity to gain skills that are in demand in our region. Please join us for an information session to learn more about the Computer Technology Institute and how you could become a part of Charlotte’s IT talent pipeline.
Open House for ITT Tech Students
Thursday, September 15; 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
CPCC Harris Campus, 3210 CPCC Harris Campus Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28208
CONTACT: Event registration is required. Free parking is available in the CPCC Harris Campus parking lot, in front of the Harris I building.
September 17 at the CPCC Levine Campus
Users Groups and Meet-Ups in Charlotte
- Charlotte BI Group
- Charlotte Area SharePoint User Group
- Carolina IT Professionals Group
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Tech After Five
Resources provided by CPCC:
Steps toward your future in IT - (offered by Computer Technology Institute)
- Match your experience, expertise and passion to one of our five non-degree technology areas:
- Enroll in our IT Career Management program (coming Spring 2017) - or use the O'Net resource "Interest Profiler" to help you decide what type of careers are right for you. (This link will take you to an external page).
- Decide whether you prefer online or face-to-face courses.
- Register for your class and begin enhancing your skills.
See Frequent Asked Questions for Continued Education classes
2-Year Degree Resources:
- Information Technology degrees - Learn about the curriculum degree and certificate programs.
- CPCC Career Services - Get help identifying satisfying careers that fit your needs.
State Employees’ Credit Union Foundation Continuing Education Scholarships
The State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) will provide scholarships to 10 of CPCC’s Corporate and Continuing Education students enrolling for fall and spring of 2016. Awards of $750 will help adults earn industry-based credentials as they gain new job-related skills or upgrade existing skills in select occupations including Financial Data Analyst. Click here to download the details and instructions for applying.
Links to navigate Computer Technology Institute