Uncover Job Leads
Search the database of employers in employmeNC--our job listing website. Listed are employers who have previously posted jobs for CPCC students. Get their website and
contact information with just one click, and send them your resume!
Log into employmeNC, then
1. Click the Employer Directory button in the gray bar near the top of the page
2. Leave form blank to see all employers in the directory or
3. Search by employer name, location, or industry
Want to find employers in a particular industry in the Charlotte area? Use Reference USA, which is provided by CPCC’s Library.
- You can even specify a particular zip code!
- It is a great way to find companies you might not know about
The steps might appear a little involved. But, if you follow each one, it moves quickly. You can also ask a Career Counselor or CPCC librarian for assistance.
Ready to get started?
3. Choose Reference USA > US Businesses > Select the Custom Search Tab
4. Now use the buttons on the left to customize your search!
a. Major Industry Group
Click the plus sign to define your search
(Note: un-check the fields you are not interested in)
Then click the Update Count button
b. Geography (You can define your search by city, state or zip code)
5. Enter the information by which you want to search
6. Once you are done defining the fields you want, click the View Results button
7. You can always revise your search by using the button on the top-right
8. Now visit the employer’s website and search for jobs they have listed!