More information about the Welding Technology program offered by Central Piedmont Community College.
Visit the CPCC Welding Technology program website.
Check out CPCC's Career Coach website for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code|
|Welder Cutter and Welder Fitter
|Solderer and Brazer
|Welding, Soldering and Brazing Machine Setter, Operator and Tender
|Structural Metal Fabricator and Fitter
|* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.|
Necessary abilities and qualities
- Arm-hand steadiness, dexterity
- Precision and good vision
- Mechanical and equipment knowledge
- Responsibility, integrity
- Physical strength
Occupation & Professional Information Resources
- O*Net on Welding
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Welders
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Article about the growth of welding's popularity
- Weld Talk Forum on Hobart Welders.com
- Welder Job Profile, Steve
Related Job sites