Learn more about the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) nursing program and check out Career Coach or contact Career Services for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code *|
There are many nursing specialties. Your work setting, job title, and specialty will change the corresponding Holland Code.
* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.
NECESSARY ABILITIES AND QUALITIES
- Medical and science knowledge
- Active listening and concern for others
- Customer and personal service
- Dependability, self control, and integrity
- Hand/finger dexterity and good near vision
- Time management, cooperation, and stress-tolerance
- Speaking and critical thinking abilities
- Problem sensitivity (detect and tend to existing and possible future problems)
OCCUPATION AND PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses
- O*Net on Nurses
- American Nurses Association
- North Carolina Nurses Association
- Nurse Zone
- NC Board of Nursing