More information about the Medical Assisting program offered by Central Piedmont Community College.
Visit the CPCC Medical Assisting Program Website.
Check out CPCC's Career Coach website for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code|
|Medical Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant||SCR|
|Medical Office Assistant||CS|
|* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.|
Necessary abilities and qualities
- Concern for others
- Customer service skills and experience
- Clerical knowledge and organizational skills
- Dependability and integrity
- Stress tolerance
- Attention to detail and information gathering competency
- Active listening and oral comprehension
- Reading and writing skills
- Updating and using relevant knowledge
- Cooperation and self-control
Occupation & Professional Information Resources
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Assistants
- O*Net on Medical Assistants
- Watch a video about medical assistants
- Association of Medical Assistants
- Is Medical Assisting Right for You?
- CMA Profiles
Related Job sites