More information about the Interpreter Education program offered by Central Piedmont Community College.
Visit the CPCC Interpreter Education Program Website.
Check out CPCC's Career Coach website for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code|
|Sign Language Interpreter||AS|
|* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.|
Necessary abilities and qualities
- Language/foreign language skills
- Communication abilities
- Reliability and willingness to take initiative
- Active listening and observation competencies
- Reading comprehension
- Concern for others and patience
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Willingness to travel
Occupation & Professional Information Resources
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Interpreters & Translators
- O*Net on Interpreters & Translators
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
Related Job sites