Early Childhood Education
More information about the Early Childhood Education program offered by Central Piedmont Community College.
Visit the CPCC Early Childhood Program Website.
Check out CPCC's Career Coach website for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code|
|Child Care Worker||SA|
|* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.|
Necessary abilities and qualities
- Care for others and social perceptiveness
- Active listening skills and speaking abilities
- Psychology and child development knowledge
- First aid & CPR
- Learning strategies and instruction
- Problem sensitivity (identifying and tending to existing and possible future problems)
- Oral comprehension and expression competencies
- Dependability and self-control
- Integrity and cooperation
- Stress tolerance and flexibility
Occupation & Professional Information Resources
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Child Care Workers
- O*Net on Child Care Workers
- NC Division of Child Development
- National Child Care Association
- Watch a video about child care workers
- Child Care Resources, Inc.
- NC Rated License Assessment Project
- Crystal Graham, Child Care Provider (Job Profile)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Child Development Associate Credential
- Salary.com look up salaries by title and region
Related Job sites