The BeWell committee, EMT and HPE (Health & Physical Education) area will continue to offer CPR AED and First Aid certification training in the future with a goal to have multiple trained employees at all campus locations.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers: The Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- Training Dates: 1/21, 2/11, 2/18, 3/2, & 4/21.
- To Register (search for the date) visit the American Heart Association Website or Click Here to go directly to site. Or email Dr. Jones.
- Email Dr. Jones (email@example.com) if you need to request different date or have registration issues.
- Hands Only CPR/AED (Email Dr. Jones to Request Training): Save Someone's Life - AHA Hands-on CPR and AED basic training. This course is offered in collaboration with the American Heart Association, EMT Program and MEDIC. Using life-size manikins, participants will learn hands-on adult CPR and how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator) device. This course does not lead to CPR certification.
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (Dates ~ 3/24 & 4/14): The Heartsaver CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult. This course teaches skills with AHA's research - proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the participants, provide feedback and guide the participant's learning of skills. Allow 2 hours for this training. The course is not for those affiliated with Federal Work Study Program.
- Skills Only Sessions: This is for those that have completed the online certification and need the skills portion.
- Next session at Central will be Feb. 18 at 1:00pm.
- Additional Option: Merancas campus 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Contact Deb. Parrish (firstname.lastname@example.org) to signup in advance or to schedule a visit to Merancas that is not listed.
Participants need to:
- Signup via the American Heart Association website (or contact Dr. Jones) and choose the CPCC training center.
- Instructor will provide course materials.
- Dress comfortably as you will practice with the manikins on the floor.
- If any medical conditions exist, discuss these with the instructor prior to signing up for this class. All participants must return the books following completion of the training.
- For First Aid Training, contact Dr. Jones to set up a training.
Please contact Dr. Karla Jones, Discipline Chair of Health & P.E. for more information, email@example.com or 704-330-6726.