A student who for any reason cannot complete a course must take the responsibility to formally withdraw in order to avoid a failing grade.   To receive a W grade, a student must withdraw prior to the 35% date of the class. Talk with your instructor for the official withdrawal deadline date for your class.

Withdrawal transactions can be completed online.  If you prefer, come in-person during business hours to any CPCC registration office.

The instructor may also assign a W at the end of the term when circumstances warrant such action.  A W will remain on the transcript and will not count as credit hours attempted.  To receive credit, a student who received a W must re-register and pay for the course in a subsequent term.  Withdrawals may affect student financial aid.

Financial aid recipients need to refer to the financial aid satisfactory progress policy to determine if schedule adjustments will affect financial aid.