6.32 Instruction Contracts with External OrganizationsSee version history
Instruction Contract is any contract or agreement between CPCC and an external organization for instruction provided by the agency for the College or provided for the agency by the College, even if no funds are involved. Specifically excluded in this definition are employment contracts with full- or part-time instructors and purchase orders for supplies or equipment.
Contract Manager is the person charged with the operational management of a contract or agreement.
The contract must bear the approval signatures of the College officials identified in Part III. A. of this section.
The contract must include a statement that instructional services and programs being provided are consistent with the purpose, policies, and procedures of the College.
A contract for curriculum instruction provided to the College by an external organization must also comply with .
A signed copy of each instruction contract with an external organization must be sent to the Office of the Vice President for Learning.
A. Contract Approval
All contracts must have the signature of the division director or director and the appropriate dean. On occasions to be determined by the appropriate dean, the signature of the College official responsible for risk management may also be required.
Contracts that involve one of the following conditions shall also be signed by the Vice President for Learning:
1. Contracts with a value of $5,000 or more
2. Contracts that involve multiple CPCC departments or divisions
3. Contracts that may create unusual liability situations
4. Contracts with a potential financial commitment greater than $100,000 over the life of the contract shall have the signature of the Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services, the Vice President for Learning, and the President.
5. Contracts involving curriculum instruction provided to the College by an external organization must also adhere to the approvals specified in 1D.
B. Contract Filing
A signed copy of all instructional contracts with organizations outside the College must be sent to the Office of the Vice President for Learning. It is the responsibility of the contract manager to comply with this requirement.
Updated on June 5, 2004; March 3, 2008