6.04 Employee ParkingSee version history
The regulations that follow do not apply to a part-time employee in any term in which the employee is registered for more than six credit hours of course work at CPCC. Such employee will be governed by the parking regulations for students.
A. Campus Parking
These regulations are in effect with respect to the use of streets, roads, alleys, driveways, and parking lots of the College.
1. Each vehicle parked at the College or in neighboring parking areas controlled by CPCC must display a CPCC parking permit. Each full- and part-time CPCC employee will be issued a single parking permit and a copy of the College parking regulations. Part-time CPCC employees will be issued a parking permit each term they are employed. Permits for full-time employees will be validated annually. A lost permit will be replaced for a non-refundable fee of $15.00.
2. The parking permit issued must be displayed from the rear window of the vehicle.
3. A card key is required for entrance into most employee parking areas. One card key per employee will be issued by the Financial Services Group upon payment of a $5.00 deposit, refundable upon termination of employment. A lost card key will be replaced for a nonrefundable fee of $15.00.
4. Employees shall park only within marked parking spaces in areas designated for employee parking and shall not park in spaces designated for handicapped persons, visitors, students, or in areas where parking is prohibited.
5. Parking is specifically prohibited for all vehicles in fire lanes, yellow-marked areas, in loading zones, beside dumpsters, on sidewalks, and in unmarked spaces on streets, driveways, and adjacent to buildings.
6. A permit must be displayed on any vehicle parked in a space reserved for parking by handicapped persons. These permits are issued only by the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
7. A temporary parking permit may be obtained for the occasional use of a vehicle for which a permanent permit has not been issued. Before parking, any employee needing a temporary permit shall go directly to the Security Office to obtain a dated, temporary permit and information about where to park.
8. An employee who has a vehicle that is too high or too wide to enter the parking deck shall obtain parking information from the Security Office. Unless the use is strictly occasional, such vehicle must display a permanent parking permit.
B. Violations of Parking Regulations
1. A CPCC citation will be issued for an employee's vehicle that:
a. Is parked in an area designated for students or visitors.
b. Does not display a valid employee parking permit or temporary permit.
c. Is improperly parked.
The fine will be $5.00 for each violation if paid within five work days of the infraction, $10.00 if paid after five work days. Payments are received at the Cashier's counter. The College may also apply boots or have vehicles towed.
2. City of Charlotte citations will be issued for any vehicle parked in a space reserved for handicapped unless the vehicle displays a handicapped permit. The fine for each violation is set by the North Carolina General Statutes 20-37.6, is displayed on the parking signage and is payable to the City of Charlotte.
3. A vehicle that is improperly parked in a manner that impedes traffic or blocks emergency or commercial access will be towed at the user's expense.
4. An employee who wishes to protest a CPCC citation and/or towing charge shall file a written appeal with the Director of Security within five work days of the infraction. The Director's decision will be final.
5. Validation for a permit or issuance of a new permit will not be provided for any employee who has unpaid parking fines on record on the date such actions take place (each fall term for full-time employees, each term for part-time employees).