5.09 Withdrawal from Classes

See version history


A student who for any reason cannot complete a course must take the responsibility to formally withdraw (W) in order to avoid a failing grade. To receive a W grade, a student must withdraw prior to the 35% date of the class. Final dates for withdrawing from classes are on the course syllabus. The request for official withdrawal must be processed online through MyCollege or at a registration office. The instructor may also assign a W grade at the end of the term when circumstances warrant such action. A W will remain on the transcript and will not count as credit hours attempted. To receive credit, a student who received a W must re-register and pay for the course in a subsequent term. Withdrawals may affect a student's financial aid.

Changes approved by Cabinet on March 19, 2012
Modified on February 21, 2008