A. Regular Meetings
1. The regular meetings of the Board of Trustees shall be held in the Dowd Boardroom the first Wednesday of each January, March, May, July, September, and November unless the chairman shall fix another time and/or place of meeting, provided that the Board shall meet at least once in each fiscal quarter.
2. Officers for the next fiscal year shall be elected at the final regular meeting of the fiscal year that is ending.
B. Special Meetings
1. Special meetings may be called by the Chairman of the Board, who shall fix the time, place, and purpose(s) of a special meeting at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
2. The chairman shall call a special meeting if requested in writing by four members of the Board or by the President of the College.
3. Any business relative to the College may be transacted in a special meeting except matters specifically confined to regular meetings under this bylaw.
C. Notice of Meetings
1. The Secretary of the Board shall notify the Board of Trustees and the President in writing of the time and place of all meetings, forwarding copies of the agenda or a statement of the purpose(s) of a special meeting at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
2. The President shall attend all meetings of the Board, participating without vote, except when the President's absence is requested by the Board.
D. A majority of members serving at any time on the Board when present at a meeting shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
The Chairman of the Board shall receive items from the President, from members of the Board, and from all other sources at least four days prior to the meeting for which the items were prepared.
F. The regular order of business at meetings of the Board shall be:
1. Disposition of the minutes of the previous meeting
2. Report by the Executive Committee
3. Report by the Instructional Programs and Institutional Support Committee
4. Report by the Finance and Facilities Committee
5. New and unfinished business
6. Report by the Student Government Association President
7. Report by the Executive Director, CPCC Foundation, Inc.
8. Report by the President
9. Report by the Chairman of the Board
G. Robert's Rules of Order, Revised Edition, shall be the rules of proceedings of all meetings unless otherwise stipulated by the Board
1. Any individual or organized group, except College employees, students, and applicants for admission to programs, desiring to appear before the Board shall, at least seven days prior to the meeting at which the appearance is desired, file with the Chairman of the Board a statement of the purpose of the appearance and the name of each person who will appear as a spokesman.
2. Any College employee or student desiring to appear before the Board of Trustees shall, at least seven days in advance of the meeting at which the appearance is desired, provide to the Chairman of the Board through the President of the College a written notice specifying the purpose of the appearance and the name of each person who is to appear as a spokesman; except that any appearance in a due process proceeding must be made before the Executive Committee through procedures established for those purposes in Policy 4.36
Changes approved by the Board of Trustees on June 10, 1996; July 14, 2004; September 1, 2010