2.03 Board of Trustees Bylaws: Officers and Their DutiesSee version history
A. Election and Term of Office
1. The corporate officers of the Board of Trustees shall be the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman, and the Secretary.
2. The Chairman and the Vice-Chairman shall be elected by the Board of Trustees from its membership.
3. The Secretary, who need not be a member of the Board of Trustees, shall be elected by the board.
4. The Chairman, the Vice-Chairman, and the Secretary of the Board shall be elected for terms of one year but shall be eligible for re-election by the board.
B. The Chairman of the Board shall
1. Preside at all meetings of the board.
2. Call all special meetings of the board.
3. Organize the agenda for meetings of the board.
4. Serve as Chairman of the Executive Committee.
5. Appoint all other committees of the board and name the chairman of each committee.
6. Serve ex-officio as a voting member of all other committees, with authority to delegate this function in whole or in part to the Vice-Chairman of the Board.
7. Execute contracts and other documents on authority by and in name of the board.
8. Discharge any other functions delegated to him/her by the board.
C. The Vice-Chairman of the Board shall
1. Preside in the absence of the Chairman of the Board.
2. Perform all duties of the Chairman of the Board, with full authority, during his/her absence or disability.
3. Discharge any other functions delegated to him/her by the Chairman of the Board
D. The Secretary of the Board shall
1. Keep an accurate record of the proceedings of the board.
2. Have custody of the corporate seal of the board, affix it to official documents, and attest same by his/her signature.
3. Have custody of all official records and documents of the board.
4. Prepare and maintain an indexed compilation of all bylaws and amendments thereto and of all policies, regulations, and procedures of the board and amendments thereto; the whole of which shall be known as The Policies and Procedures Manual of the Board of Trustees of Central Piedmont Community College or as the CPCC Policies and Procedures Manual in shortened title.
5. Provide each member of the board and the President of the College with a current copy of the CPCC Policies and Procedures Manual.
6. Issue, upon direction by the Chairman of the Board, notice of all meetings of the board and forward copies of the agenda to members of the Board of Trustees and to the President of the College.