Vision, Mission and Values
In 2002, the CPCC Board of Trustees reaffirmed the following vision statement: Central Piedmont Community College intends to become the national leader in workforce development.
Central Piedmont Community College is an innovative and comprehensive college that advances the life-long educational development of students consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening the economic, social, and cultural life of its diverse community.
The College accomplishes this purpose by providing high-quality, flexible pre-baccalaureate and career-focused educational programs and services which are academically, geographically, and financially accessible. This purpose requires a fundamental commitment to student success through teaching and learning excellence within a supportive environment.
- How do we provide a supportive environment that is student-centered and promotes life-long learning?
- How do we place the needs of learners first?
- How do our resource allocations match the needs for student learning?
- How do we work together across the College to meet learners’ needs?
- How do we encourage collaborative partnerships that enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in our community?
- How do we honor and promote diversity through our people, curricula, and processes?
- How do we foster community within the College?
- How do we provide a welcoming and accepting environment?
- How do we act upon learners’ feedback on their learning experiences at the College?
- How do we create a work environment that fosters learning?
- How do we anticipate and respond to the needs of our students, community, and business partners?
- How do we deliver quality processes, services, and learning experiences?
- How do we encourage faculty and staff to enhance their skills and knowledge?
- How do we demonstrate that we expect excellence for all students, faculty, and staff?
- How do we recognize and celebrate achievements?
- How do we provide an ethical and respectful environment?
- How do we foster honest and fair relationships?
- How do we recognize our obligation to be good stewards of our resources?
- How do we continue to earn the public’s trust through principled leadership?
- How do we reduce financial, environmental, social, and educational barriers to promote student learning and success?
- How do we ensure that a range of choices in programs and services are accessible to diverse learners?
- How do we create a positive environment that expands opportunities and experiences for all members of our community?
- How do we foster an environment that encourages an open exchange of ideas?
- How do we encourage and reward exploration, inquiry, risk-taking, and entrepreneurship?
- How do we anticipate change and respond with innovative programs and service to internal and external trends?